Self-employment tech specialist scoops national business award
A midlands-based technology firm is celebrating after picking up an award at the prestigious UK Business Tech Awards 2022.
The UK Business Tech Awards, held every year in London, are designed to recognise the UK’s finest tech businesses and reward the innovative and exceptional applications of technology to transform and grow businesses.
Wise, based in the heart of Solihull, was named Tech Company of The Year (small) at the glamorous awards ceremony held on Thursday 20th October. This award, coming less than three years after the company was founded, acts as a major milestone for the business which now employs over 75 people.
Sifting through hundreds of entries, the judging panel noted that Wise had ‘demonstrated innovative thought in solving an important issue’ whilst also receiving ‘excellent funding results, clearly giving confidence in the company’s long-term future’.
Dan Richards, Chief Commerical Officer at Wise, said: “We were absolutely thrilled to be a winner at this year’s UK Business Tech Awards, especially considering the incredible businesses we were competing alongside.
“As a business, we’ve been on an incredible journey over the last few years, bringing together some of the UK’s best technology talent under one roof in Solihull. Being recognised with this prestigious award is a great testament to the technology we have created over the past couple of years and the real impact this is having on self-employment across the UK.”
To find out more about Wise and how it is transforming the self-employment industry with technology, head to www.withwise.com
Notes To Editors:
- Wise is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionising the UK self-employment industry through its innovative software.
- The company, founded in December 2019, is based in Solihull, Birmingham.
- Wise’s free digital platform is currently used by over 250 UK delivery firms to help onboard, manage and pay their self-employed subcontractors. The company’s driver app has also supported over 50,000 drivers since its launch in April 2021.
- Working closely with carriers such as Amazon, DPD and Yodel, Wise’s technology helps their delivery partners to save time, money and stress when engaging their self-employed drivers.
- Wise was named Digital Startup of The Year at the 2021 West Midlands Tech Awards
- One of the Midlands’ fastest-growing technology companies, Wise has more than doubled its headcount in the last eighteen months, bringing together some of the region’s best technology talent
- For more information, visit www.withwise.com
For all media enquiries, please email [email protected].
The Wise mission is to improve self-employment, for both the individual and the companies that engage them, through technology and services. Over the past five years, the Wise team have focused on solving the big problems. As a result, we have created a service that is unrivalled in the market of self-employment.
The Wise team wanted to bring big company benefits to a self-employed workforce giving companies, that use Wise, a competitive edge when engaging their workforce. The Wise platform strives to enhance and protect the self-employed sector and maximise our users’ income, whilst introducing essential products including accountancy, insurance, vehicle solutions and financial products. Our core service is free to both main contractors and subcontractors with Wise generating revenue from optional third-party products.
Join Wise, stay ahead of your competition and help build a bigger, better self-employed sector.